Monday, November 12, 2018

Homework 6

        In the article, "What convicts can teach us about branding," by Mike Kammerling, it really made me start thinking about the things that I buy on a day to day basis. The most expensive food that I buy frequently is Starbucks drinks/food, and Saladworks.  I always knew they were common well known and liked places, but I never really thought it had much to do with the packaging/label of it. The more I ponder on the concept of packaging, it really does make you wanna but something more than other places even if it is pricey. The Starbucks logo and feel of the store make you feel more sophisticated and maybe be led to believe that the coffee or products that they make there, based on the environment (the design of the store) or the way they label their coffee cups.  Same with salad works. Like they profit off of lettuce, something you could get at your local grocery store and prepare a salad for yourself that's less than $10 dollars. The air, and popularity of a logo and what they represent can really make you gear your decision towards wanting to buy something because you are visually attracted to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment